Freight Agents, Welcome Home!
Cargo Transit, Inc. strives to ensure every freight agent feels at home with us. We treat our agent partners with respect and appreciation. We strive to work with you to make the best decisions to increase the strength of your business. We always strive to do even better than we promise.
Cargo Transit is unique in the fact that we are certified by the National Women Business Owner Corporation as a Woman Owned Business. We are also DBE certified in over 30 states! DBE Certification helps us compete for contracts on federally funded transportation projects and prime contractors seek us out to assist in meeting their goals on these projects.
Listed below are some tools and support Cargo Transit offers its freight agents.
Becoming a Cargo Transit team member means:
- Team member of a highly respected and well established global logistics company which began in 1999
- Access to owner every day and access to a decision maker 24/7
- Fast turnaround for customer credit approval and customer setup
- Use our excellent credit history and financial strength to align with the best carriers
- Use our operating authority, surety bond and contingent cargo insurance
- Receive commissions weekly, fast and secure via ACH
- Low stress, no quotas!
- Part of largest buying group in the country for unbeatable LTL prices
- Customer protection with confidentiality
- Low customer saturation
- Provided with top of the line, fast and secure freight management software accessible from anywhere with an internet connection
- Provided access to a large and diversified carrier network
- Hourly backup & offsite backup of software
- Free access to live truck availability
- Free truck mileage software
- Provided 24/7 accessibility to your weekly itemization of all transactions
- Centralized cargo claims administration
- Back office accounting services as detailed below
Back Office Support
The back office is an expensive and complicated part of doing business as a freight broker. Cargo Transit offers complete back office services for our freight agents, so you can focus on the front end of your business and doing what you do best; moving freight, servicing your customers and carriers, and growing your business.
Our back office services include:
- Billing your customers
- Paying carriers timely
- Customer credit approval
- Carrier database updating and management
- Commission statements
- Cargo claims
- Pricing Tools
- Software upgrading and management
- Ongoing business support and training
Freight Agent Requirements
Our business model is not suited to people who are just entering the business or do not have a customer following. Below are our freight agent requirements.
- 2 years verifiable experience as a freight broker or freight agent
- Established, current and active customer base
- Verifiable customer and carrier references
- Full-time commitment
- Dedicated office with computer, high speed internet, telephone and fax
- Willingness to follow Cargo Transit procedures and policies
- Assistance obtaining required documents and information from customer and carriers
We know the journey from average to extraordinary starts with work ethic. Cargo Transit freight agent team members reap the rewards of their efforts and endurance and take pride in going the extra mile for their clients and coworkers. Our teams work harder and smarter to deliver the results you deserve.
To become a Cargo Transit Team member simply call 828-645-9828.
You can also complete the online freight agent application.APPLY NOW!